Saturday, March 26, 2011

Back on Track

Ok so the meltdown of the month is finally over, and I'm back on track. I'm still doing my 3km every other night as well, but I must say with all these spring showers it's hard sticking to my schedule. If I know it's going rain in the evening (on the day's Adam is at school, and I work afternoons) I can walk in the morning, but there is something that is so peaceful about walking at night.

Speaking of walks, when I was on my evening stroll this past Wednesday night, I came across the most unusual/scary/wtf??? sight.....as I was rounding one of the street corners this plus sized woman came out of nowhere running down the street in a bra, a ripped shirt, jogging pants, and bare feet. I immediately pulled my earphones out and yelled at her asking if she was ok....she just looked at me, like I was the crazy one....then she ran up to a house (a K-9 unit police officer lives there) Obviously I slowed down my walk (even walked backwards down the street) to see the drama, but other than that there wasn't anything else....I mean what the hell was she running from????....I looked at all the houses when I passed them on the street, but there was no sign of anything. The only thing I can think of was that maybe it was a domestic, and knowing that a police officer lives on the block she automatically went there....It was still weird though just sayin'

In one of my earlier posts I had mentioned that I was using the Nike + program on my walks. Well I have a friend named Mike that also uses this program. He decided to create a challenge between us to push us a little farther (I guess...lol) "motivation does wonders" he said. So the challenge is whoever can reach 50km by April 20th. It also has a "trash talking" application attach to it so we can get each other going. So far he is beating me but hopefully not for long.....hahahaha


On the food front, I still seem to be ok and staying within my 1200 calorie goal. I changed up my breakfast a little bit as I was getting bored of cereal. I started making myself a breakfast sandwich which I personally think is glorious......


Bonnie's GLORIOUS Breakfast Sandwich

1 Toasted Whole Wheat English Muffin (President's Choice)
1 Light Laughing Cow wedge
1 Slice Tomato
4 Thin slices of cucumber
2 slices of Honey Maple Turkey Breast (President's Choice)

Only 201 calories, 3 grams of fat & a whopping 18 grams of protein to keep me full till my snack of cottage cheese in 3-4 hours......it's soooo tasty, there is no need for butter/margarine on the english muffin because the cheese is so creamy & spreadable it's amazing....I recommend this to EVERYONE!!!.....lol

Lunches are still a salad, and something to go with it, either soup, Lean Cuisine, WW SmartOnes, or leftovers. I find this to be a convenient, low caloric, portioned way for me to eat my lunch, and stay on track.

Dinner is still some kind of protein & veggies....NO CARBS

Now that the weather is starting to incorporate nicer days into the schedule, I'm hoping to make my walks a little longer, I have even considered jogging a little. Sometimes I'm walking so fast that my body automatically want's me to start jogging but I never give in cause:

  • I feel stupid
  • I'm scared I'm going to look stupid
  • My boobs are wayyyy to big to jog, and it's going to be painful
  • I don't want to throw up (that's how I feel when I over exert myself)
Now I know that these are all excuses that I need to work on. Maybe after I lose some more weight from walking it will encourage me to start jogging. I think the biggest reason is that I'm just not that comfortable yet with the idea. Only time will tell....

This June 12th I am also doing a walk with work to raise money for JDRF Canada: Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. JDRF is the worldwide leader in funding research to cure type 1 diabetes, an autoimmune disease that strikes children and adults suddenly, but lasts a lifetime. JDRF sets the global agenda for diabetes research, and is the largest charitable funder of, and advocate for, diabetes science worldwide.
If you are interested in sponsoring me I would greatly appreciated it, even if it's only $1....Please click in the below link to donate on my page.
http://jdrfca.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&eventID=1041&participantID=92700


This weeks total weight loss is 3.6lbs....2 from last weeks gain & another 1.6 
Not too bad considering I gained weight last week, so I lost that and then some....


Now for my measurements:

Current Weight: 264.4 lbs  (16.6 lbs)

Chest: 45"  (4")
Waist: 41 1/2"  (3.5")
Hips: 55"  (1.5")
Left Arm: 17"  (0.5")
Right Arm: 17"  (0")
Left Thigh: 32 1/2"  (2")
Right Thigh: 32 1/2"  (2")


That makes my total inches lost this week: 0 (weird since I lost almost 4 lbs???)
Grand Total: 13 1/2"
* grand total for each area in parenthesis* 

Until next week, here's to eating healthy, raising money for JDRF, and kicking Mike's ass in the Nike+ competition!!!
"Exercise to stimulate, not to annihilate. The world wasn't formed in a day, and neither were we. Set small goals and build upon them."  Lee Haney

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Fav Blogs