Saturday, May 14, 2011

Trip to the Hospital


So this week I had another scare.....My husband & mother immediately made me go to the hospital. I was crying so bad I couldn't control it. I got to the point where I was so scared I didn't know how to handle it. When your hurting so bad, but you can't figure out what is wrong with you it's terrifying beyond belief. Everything was running through my head....heart attack.....cancer....blood clot.....I just couldn't stop.

As soon as I got there they hooked me up to an EKG machine because my blood pressure was really high. Well that must have came back with "not too bad" results because I was sent to the waiting room for another hour. Then I was brought into the ER, where they hooked me up to a heart monitor, and a blood pressure cuff. They also did multiple blood tests, and a chest x-ray.
The ER Doc said that everything looked fine, but the fact that I have chest pains, my left arm is going numb, and my family history he was still concerned. They did a D-Dimer test to check for clots, but that came back 96% negative, and my chest x-ray didn't show anything either......so WTF is wrong with me???

I was sent for a cardiac stress test, and a echocardiogram. I also have a heart monitor attached to my chest as we speak. I have to wear this for the next 2 weeks. It doesn't help that I am stressing out. I'm trying to be calm, but it's hard when you don't know what is wrong. I want to start working out again, and being active. I am actually missing it. The whole reason I started this weight loss adventure was to improve my health, and now I have hit a roadblock.

Some people have asked me if I think this is due to my rapid weight loss???.....RAPID????? are you kidding me....2lbs a week is healthy, and that is why I am doing it like this, so as to not cause any problems.

The Doc also put me on some meds for GERD. Now he isn't sure that this is what's wrong with me. He said it's like a crap shoot. He said by the time he can get me in to get a EGD the medication will either have worked or it isn't GERD. I don't really like the fact that I'm taking medication "just incase" but I guess if it works that's ok with me, and a little pill to take is better than getting a scope with a camera shoved down my throat.

.....and how was your week?????.......lol


On to happier news, this week was my little man Adam's 6th birthday. We celebrated it at my in-laws with dinner and a cake for just immediate family. Tomorrow he has a party with all his little friends. I booked a cooking class for them. They get to roll out dough and put toppings on for a pizza, they all get their own cake to decorate, then there are games as well. Adam seems really excited about it, and I think all the kids will enjoy it. I will post some pics later on this week.

Now for the weight adventure news. Obviously this week has been super shitty (for me anyways). I still have been eating healthy, but I haven't been drinking enough water. I definitely haven't been exercising (doc's rules), which makes me feel horrible. I know this isn't my fault though and I'm not going to let it discourage me.

This week I want to start going for walks at least, even if they are leisurely.....lol.....I stand at work all day and that isn't killing me, so walking a little should be fine. I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday of this week so I will talk to him about it. I just feel like all the hard work I have put in to start running has gone down the tubes, and I have to start all over again....I don't want to loose the stamina that I have building up for the last few months.

This week I had a weight gain of 2lbs.....I am trying not to be upset about it because of my health, but it's hard. Hopefully it's just water weight and I will lose it quickly. Once I start walking again I think it will make a difference and it will help me to get to 243lbs which is my next little goal of 40lbs lost.

Hey.....at least I'm still in the 240's right???????

I'm not going to post my stats as they are the exact same as last week. Hopefully next week I will have something more substantial than a big fat 0 in inches lost, and an ugly looking plus sign in the weight department.

So until next week here is to getting better (or at least finding out what the hell is wrong), losing the 2lbs gain and then some, and getting back into a walking routine......

"Do not anticipate trouble or worry about what never may happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin 




Also please don't forget I am doing a 5K walk on June 12th for JDRF, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundations, please sponsor me, so far I have raised $220.....http://jdrfca.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&eventID=1041&participantID=92700

6 comments:

  1. Hey Bonnie. I'm a new follower of your blog & also on my own weight loss/lifestyle change mission. Reading what you've been going through this week sounds just like my week. I finally feel in control of my health & well being & booya I'm hit with a mystery illness which is making me feel like a bag of ass & limiting me to what I can do. I also had a gain this week but you know what, I'm ok with it. It's all part of the journey to the new & improved version of myself. Stay positive (blah I'm so cliche) & surround yourself with the people you love. Peace! Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you went and got checked out. It's just unfortunate that the diagnosis (or lack thereof?) doesn't eliminate your symptoms. Just a random question: are you on the pill? It caused me to have some scary health issues years ago. And unfortunately, the docs didn't ask me about it, or seem to think it was a problem. But it was a BIG problem. Here's to wishing you well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How scary! I'm glad you checked out okay, but I really hope that they find out what is causing the problems. Don't worry about the 2 lb gain--I swear, I think hospitals do something to make people gain weight!
    Happy birthday to Adam! What a handsome little guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower here! I just found you via Sarah's blog. I popped over to check out your story and: AWESOME! You are doing so great! And then I saw that your little guy is a Ramones fan. My four-year-old loves them, too! Coolio!

    Also, you are ADORABLE! I also think you're awesome for posting pics in your bra and panties. YOU are so brave! I've wrestled with that idea, but...enh...I'm not strong enough to! YOU ROCK!!!!! I'm excited to be able to see you complete your journey.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing. It's my first visit and I went back to the beginning and read all the way through. I've tears in my eyes -- you are so inspiring and brave. Please don't mess around with the heart stuff and please keep us updated about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stay positive. I had a weight gain this week also and it really pisses me off. Stupid social life sometimes just gets in the way and I am not strong enough yet to say no. I do so well during the week and then the weekend comes and the running and errands and forget to eat so you grab something quick (crap). The important thing is to get better, and just take it one day at a time. BTW I love the new "Mental Monday" posts. Great idea, may have to use that one myself......

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Fav Blogs