Saturday, May 7, 2011

What would you do.....

for a Klondik Bar.....

Just kidding, I was thinking more along the lines of what would you do if you didn't have your cell for a couple of days.....
I just recently found out that I would completely lose my mind, and become very frustrated. I work for a telecommunications company in Canada, and having a cell is a huge part of my job. It also plays a huge part in my weight loss as I have had an iPhone and used a program called My Fitness Pal which I would recommend to anyone. I never realized how much I relied on my phone until it wasn't there anymore.
Well I am happy to say that I now have a new iPhone, which is upgraded, and white.....isn't she pretty?


This weekend I had to work so I missed my son's first day at soccer. I really think he has found his sport. He has been playing for the last 2 years and he's only 5. He usually played in a fun league but we had noticed that he was pretty far ahead of the other kids with his skill level, he just picked it up so fast. This year we decided to put him into a professional soccer club. They called us and asked if we could put him with the 7 yr olds. We thought this would be great for his experience and his learning skills. Here is a video of him just playing around with a ball in the backyard.....He was 4 at the time.....


I hope you enjoyed that as much as I did for the 1000th time......lol


This week had the "Star Wars Day - May the 4th be with You" as well as "Cinco De Mayo." Did any of you have Mexican?....well I did!!!!!....It's my fav....I decided to make  Grilled Steak Fajitas with my fresh Pico De Gallo.....it was fantabulous!!!!!!! The only thing I wish I could find is low carb tortillas. I either have to order them online, or head over to Detroit to pick some up. I really want to head States side one day to try Trader Joe's.....Anyone have feedback on this place?.....I have heard pretty good things. It's just a little inconvenient cause it would cost me $8 in toll, then gas, and just finding the time to head over there. Now I have P.F. Chang's on my mind.....that's all I look forward to when I cross. I haven't been there since November.....I think it's time to make a run for the border!!!!!!! Now I sound like Taco Bell....what the HELL is wrong with me?????

Anyways here is a pic of our Cinco De Mayo dinner complete with a glass of wine.....it probably should have been margaritas, but I don't like tequila....blasphemy I know....lol


Now onto a more serious topic......my chest....last week I had some MAJOR chest pains, I literally thought I was having a heart attack. Now to make matters worse my father has had 4 already and heart disease runs in my family. My father is not a smoker nor a drinker, and is in good health, but there is an enzyme in his blood that causes it to build up in his arteries. Well the pain subsided but I have had minor pain/pressure all week and it's had me a little worried. I went to see my doc on thursday, and he's concerned as well, especially since my blood pressure was 140....I have never had high BP, not even when I was pregnant. He told me to stop all my vitamins and working out for now till we figure out what is going on. I went for a chest x-ray, I'm scheduled for a ultrasound, blood test, and a cardiac stress test. I'm still eating healthy cause this shit isn't going to hinder my weight loss if I have anything to do with it.
I'm quite frustrated about the whole situation though....I have been working really hard since February and haven't had one issue, and have been feeling great.....WHY NOW?????

Sorry about all the ranting......

On to my weigh in.....This week I have lost a total of 2.2lbs bringing my total weight loss to 35.2lbs since February 1st. I am now OFFICIALLY in my 240's.....and I'm closer to the 200's rather than the 300's.....lol



Here's my stats for the week:

Current Weight: 247.8lbs (-35.2lbs)

Chest: 43" (6")
Waist: 40" (5")
Hips: 53" (3.5")
Left Bicep: 16" (1.5")
Right Bicep: 15" (2")
Left Thigh: 31" (3.5")
Right Thigh: 31" (3.5")

That makes my total inches lost this week: 1 1/2"

Grand Total: 25"
*grand total for each in parenthesis*


Here's to losing 4lbs next week to hit my 40lbs loss goal, keeping the chest pains at bay, and continuing my adventure with a smile on my face......

Also please don't forget I am doing a 5K walk on June 12th for JDRF, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundations, please sponsor me, so far I have raised $220.....http://jdrfca.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&eventID=1041&participantID=92700

"There are two things to aim at in life; first to get what you want, and after that to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind has achieved the second." Logan Pearsall Smith



3 comments:

  1. Maybe your heart is outgrowing your shrinking chest? :) Hope it feels better soon.

    Cheers to your journey to the low 200's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was in mexico for cinco de mayo and they didnt really celebrate it! its a total american holiday! weird right?.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Educate me.....what is a Klondike Bar?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Fav Blogs