Welcome to my weekly blog installment called Mental Monday's. A day for me to bitch about something without putting it into my regular posts. You are warned. These posts I don't hold back, and sometimes involves a lot of swearing.
This week I think I am going to change it up a bit. For once in my life I really don't have anything to bitch about (shocking I know!) Today I am going to entertain you with a bunch of Facts. Some are useless, silly & stupid, but there might even be one or two that are useful.
I tried to keep them in the theme of food, weight loss and eating. Enjoy!!!!
Feel free to add any of your own in the comments section......
- Smelling banana's and/or green apples can help you lose weight
- Gum on postage stamps have from 2 to 8 calories
- They have square watermelons in Japan. They stack easier.
- Coca-Cola was originally green
- Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying (I need to try this)
- Worcestershire sauce is made from dissolved fish...bones and all.
- Pineapple is a natural painkiller.
- An onion, apple and potato all have the same taste. The differences in flavour are caused by their smell.
- It takes the food seven seconds to get from your mouth to your stomach.
- To burn off one plain M&M candy, you need to walk the full length of a football field.
- The average chocolate bar has 8 insects' legs in it. (ewwwwww)
- Strawberries have more vitamin c than oranges.
- Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously. (hmmm, this is interesting....lol)
- Is bottled water worth it? 'Evian' spelled backwards is 'naive'.
- Cranberries are sorted for ripeness by bouncing them; a fully ripened cranberry can be dribbled like a basketball.
- Bananas contain a natural chemical which can make a person happy. This same chemical is also found in Prozac.
- Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.
- Sex burns about 360 calories per hour.
- Ears of corn always have an even number of rows of kernels.
- If you shake a can of mixed nuts, the larger ones will rise to the top.
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients in dynamite.
- The powder on chewing gum is finely-ground marble.
Now those are the facts.....hope you enjoyed, have a great week bloggers!!!!
...and don't forget about the Giveaway, you have till the end of the week, here is the link.